Popular Posts

Monday 8 January 2024

Morning Broke White

 

Morning broke, white with frost, twigs and branches stiffly outlined with feathery ice. Shades of grey gave way to roses and pinks as the wintry sun poked above the eastern horizon.

I went out to empty the garbage into the compost bin, and was drawn further out into a short walk, in awe of the beauty of this world, of our Lord’s infinite creativity and delicate details.

I am a warm weather woman, but winter days like today carry a mantle of magic, sweeping me into a level of quiet contemplation and deep gratitude.

I’ve not been posting about life, because I’ve been living it in the fast lane, delighted to gather the 17 of us in our immediate family together for some amazing times of joy and laughter, good food and walks together.

It’s slightly quieter now, but we are still loving the visit from our Australian contingent. Living in the blessed moments while we have them here.

God is so good. My ‘word’ for the year is Trust. In every circumstance, I intend to remind myself that God is faithful. Whatever the challenges the year may hold, I can trust God to keep me safe in his loving embrace.

I know that it’s a work in progress, and I’m excited to see what his plans are for me this year.

May we all grow in faith and trust in 2024, keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment