Popular Posts

Wednesday 10 January 2024

Untamed God

 

The empty bird feeders hang desolate, and the tree is devoid of the avian life that usually brings quiet joy to me as I watch. We’ve run out of wild bird peanuts, and not had time to refill the wild bird seed.

I don’t even see any birds coming to check the feeders. They seem to have given up and moved on.

Sometimes, I act as if the bountiful word of God has run out. I neglect my Bible. I scan a few verses reprinted in a devotional, without savouring them. I move on and go hungry, spiritually hungry.

This morning I lingered, asking God for a word to feed on through the day. Philippians 4:4-7. So familiar, but so rich in nourishment. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Trust. I thank you, Lord, for the bounty of your provision for me, provision in every way, on every level. I thank you for all those I love most dearly, and ask that you would meet each of them at their point of need today, filling them with your Spirit and stilling their anxious thoughts and feelings. I praise you for the Prince of Peace, who keeps hearts and minds safely tucked into himself.

Thank you that your food never runs out, never exceeds a best before date. I am reminded today that you are a wild, untamed God, and that your food may nourish me at an unexpected level. May I savour all you give me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment