Popular Posts

Tuesday 13 February 2024

Nourishing Food

 

The heavy woodpecker clung to the netting holding the fat balls, pecking hungrily. The netting swayed, pulled down by his weight. Usually, the smaller song birds sweep in, grab on, peck a couple of times and move along, but the woodpecker was obviously enjoying his breakfast, reluctant to let go and share.

In this digital age, we can graze on such a variety of things that feed – or starve or even poison – our minds and our spirits. We can sweep into Facebook or another platform and read a few things the algorithm thinks we’ll enjoy, then sweep out again. More like the woodpecker, though, yesterday I hung on to God’s word for a few hours as I worked on some Bible reading notes, and went to bed well-fed and watered. I slept more than usual, and woke praising the Lord.

Shrove Tuesday today, so I wondered what I should do for Lent this year and in a flash I knew. A negativity fast. With all that’s going on in our world these days, this is going to be a challenge for sure! But I’m excited to see how God can lead me through. This isn’t the first time I’ve done this, but I am setting off with a positive attitude that it could be the last time, with God’s help. I pray that he will recalibrate me to the default settings of Jesus, who also lived in testing times!

Enjoy a pancake today!

No comments:

Post a Comment