Popular Posts

Friday 9 February 2024

Hope does not disappoint

 

The sky is a grey covering, fitting snugly like plastic wrap on a plate. A light wind sometimes gusts into life, then dies back, brushing the bare branches and rustling feathers on the birds which jostle for position at the bird feeders. A light rain drizzles down, sometimes freezing into flurries of sleet, and the ground is slick, demanding a cautious footstep.

February.

Looking at Ezekiel’s vision (47:7-9, 12) this morning and I’m very grateful that the Lord’s promise is that he will renew and restore his creation. The water flows from the sanctuary, bringing life and healing and nutrition. I do my best to reduce my impact on nature, and then I trust the Lord to make all things new.

Responsibility and hope. I carry these into my day and feel encouraged. Whatever the world looks like, God sees the big picture; he is not surprised; he is love and he is able to restore the years the locust has eaten.

Full of praise and gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment