Popular Posts

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Wilting



It’s amazing how quickly the flowers in the hanging basket at the door have wilted and died. 

All it took was a little neglect in the watering area and a strong wind blowing. Now the nasturtiums look withered, the petunias hang lifeless, and the pansies are brown.

I’ve not had a quiet time for a few days. I’ve been busy with the B&B, washing, ironing, hoovering, cooking bacon and eggs. The sun has shone and the temps have risen and I’ve gone to do battle with the weeds which overpowered everything else in the garden this summer. Church duties demanded my time. There were one or two social events intervening. 

Days have passed.

And today I am beginning to wither and droop. I don’t want to end up like the flowers in the hanging basket, but I see how fast it can happen.

I’m off to drink at the spring of life, before it’s too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment