Popular Posts

Wednesday 29 August 2012

23 Times!


I don’t know what happened today. 

I wrote a short email to someone from the Ipad, and sent it. I had a message that for some reason it had failed to send, so I sent it again. The screen seemed to freeze so I began pushing the cancel button, which didn’t do anything. I got more frantic, alternating between send and cancel, but nothing could take it off my screen, and there seemed no way back to the inbox. 

Finally I remembered the universal tool for fixing major computer glitches. Turn it off.

When I restarted, all was well. I deleted the message just to be sure. Then I heard back from the recipient of this rather unimportant message. She had received it 23 times.

I wonder what she was thinking as it continued to come in.

I wonder what God thinks when my prayers go over the same ground, again, and again, and again. I’m sure once my message was read once or twice, it was deleted. She surely didn’t read it 23 times.

Does God listen to my repeated prayers every time? What a bore he must find me – or just plain pathetic.

I must begin to have faith that he’s heard me the first time, and doesn’t need continually reminding.

No comments:

Post a Comment