Popular Posts

Thursday 11 October 2012

Early Bird



            
Well. At last there is a reason to be grateful for the six thousand miles and eight hours between me and my dear mother.

I can be her alarm clock.

She needed to wake up early this morning, and didn’t entirely trust the ancient alarm clock she had. So she asked if at noon I could give her a quick ring and make sure she was up.

I was a bit anxious I might forget and spoil the whole thing. So I wrote myself a big note and I didn’t forget, but then I had my Bible study ladies sitting here primed to remind me as well.

They had my back. I had Mom’s back. That’s what community is all about, isn’t it? 

That’s what I love about God. He’s got my back. And yours. And he doesn’t need a big note to remind him to get in touch with me or you. He’s always there, always available, eager to talk, ready to listen.

I’ll never leave you, Jesus promised. Wow. I’m always there for you. Always and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment