Popular Posts

Friday 19 October 2012

Noah's Ark




My first day on the ark and nobody came.

Maybe I was supposed to scout round the town and pull them in two by two. But I was just instructed to bring fruit and come early enough to set out the toys.

Then I waited. For two hours.

There was a mat with a couple of slides ready to dump kids into it. There were puzzles and books galore and a kiddie’s kitchen. Cars and duplo. Dollies and prams. 

But no kids. And no carers.

I guess they were busy. It is October break after all. Maybe they’re all away. Or the damp morning made them cuddle in under the duvet at home.

The hall was warm, full of potential fun, with food and drink on offer and a warm welcome from the woman on duty. 

But nobody came.

I wonder if God feels like I do when his house is set up, warmed up, full of love and laughter, offering food and drink and a warm welcome, and yet, many just don’t come.

No comments:

Post a Comment