Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 October 2012

Red Sky




The rhythm of my day yesterday and today found me out with Dusty at sunset and sunrise. Both were breath-taking.

The frost was sharp this morning; the promise of a freeze was there last night. Walking westward last night, a blazing sun was setting through the stand of trees sending shards of golden light towards me. The horizon was etched in vibrant red. 

This morning the beauty was in the east. I was too early for any golden shards of light but what I had instead before me was a horizon of hot pink blending into yellow, purple, all sorts of shades across the thin line of the skyline. 

Faced with such beauty, the cold doesn’t bite so cruelly. 

God has given us a creation that is full of surprises, full of colours, textures, designs and patterns. I have been blessed to have a home in a rural area where light pollution doesn’t reach me, nor does air or noise pollution. The noises I hear as I walk early or late are the cries of the owl or the whine of the bats. 

I grew up with the noise of the busiest freeway in southern California drowning out the lazy chirp of the crickets. 

I don’t take this beauty for granted. Thank you, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment