Popular Posts

Thursday 5 December 2013

Disruption


It wasn’t enough to have the broadband only working intermittently. 

Now the Northeast of Scotland is being battered by severe storm winds which, this morning, turned off the lights. And the heat. And the electric shower...

So here I am in Don’s office, trying to catch up emails, send in an article which is due today, and remain calm and unruffled despite the onslaught.

Is it just my perception, or do ‘things going wrong’ gather their own momentum, like a cyclone, and begin to cause disruption in more and more areas? 

When I moaned to my friend in a text this morning about our power going out, she replied that I shouldn’t worry, God’s power was still working.

That’s right. Through it all, God’s power continues to work. The things I stress about here are a blip in the course of time. 

Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever. Yesterday he created the world. Today he is with me in it. And forever – wow. Something other-worldly, for sure. No power outages, or intermittent broadband.

No comments:

Post a Comment