Popular Posts

Friday 6 December 2013

Fabulous or Ferocious Friday

Freezing temperatures outside - frozen puddles, frost on the bushes, ice on the road. Slick and slippery and treacherous.

Or fabulous. I lift my eyes to the hills. And I see an ice blue sky, streaked by a few streams of grey cloud. I see trees with bare branches lifted high. Although in the forest this morning I encountered a graveyard of trees uprooted by yesterdays ferocious winds, praise the Lord none of the trees on our drive have been tumbled, and all still stretch up to the sky. Long may that continue.

Fabulous. I've spent the morning delivering church magazines, chatting to friends, doing a fair bit of walking, and now about to walk again, to give Dusty her afternoon stretch. She's ready and waiting outside, probably with icicles forming under her nose (only kidding...)

It's all your point of view. Your frame of mind. We've had a dreadful week with technology failures, some not yet rectified. But we've had a special week, seeing Doug and Joey before they head for Oz today, speaking to Jamie and Chrisie, and Robbie, catching up. Hosting a very friendly, wonderful young man from Spain, and trying to help him improve his English (which is pretty good already, I must say...)

It's all in the spin. And the spin determines which direction the next few hours will take. I can feel defeated by the rubbish telephone line and the email problems, or I can feel victorious because of the relationships renewed this morning, and because at the end of the day, all that matters is that I know that in it all, God is with me.

He does care. Don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise. If he didn't, would he have subjected his only, beloved son to torture and hideous death. I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment