Popular Posts

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year



The name of the Lord is a strong tower. The godly run into it and they are safe. Lines from a psalm – psalm 18, repeated in a popular worship song about ten or more years ago. 

As we prepare to go into another new year, 2014 – my goodness, is that possible?? – I am preparing myself today. I am asking God to help me be more deliberate and disciplined with my use of that resource we all have the same amount of – time. 

It is so easy to squander time. Benjamin Franklin wrote, ‘Do not squander time, for that is the thing life is made of.’ Yet it is so easy for it to be frittered away, nibbled by social media sites, by surfing on line, by television or mindless magazines, by gossiping in unhelpful ways. 

I want to claw back control of my time during 2014, but I feel pretty powerless to do it. The monster that eats most of my time is just plain work. Work around the house, in the garden, with the laundry, etc. So discipline is required, and for that, I need the help of the Lord.

His name is a strong tower. I plan to hunker down inside that strong tower, and reclaim control of my life, and the time he has granted me.

Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment