Popular Posts

Friday 7 February 2014

Mole Alert



What I want is a pretty garden with early spring bulbs blooming by the front door.

What the mole wants is a tasty treat to keep body and soul (does a mole have a soul?) together during the long winter months.



Looks like this time, anyway, the mole has munched his way through my spring planting. So what to do now? Mole trap? Cat? Physically dig the tunnel up and wreck his road to free grub?

Priorities. I am looking for a pretty welcome at the front door. The mole is trying to survive the winter. 

But hey, he’s only a mole. Plenty more where he comes from, aren’t there? If I just encourage the cats ... they may not actually catch and kill him, just scare him away into some other juicy larder.

Priorities. Hierarchies. Might makes right. I’m the one holding the spade. What good is the mole doing, anyway?

Now I’m thinking like a logger clearing out the Brazilian rain forest. Is that where this kind of thinking leads? I want to be a good steward of this beautiful earth the Lord has given us. But I’m not too sure how to do that.

I think I’ll drop this subject before my readers have me put away. And probably, I’ll just watch to see what the mole’s next move is... or more specifically, what his next meal is.

No comments:

Post a Comment