Popular Posts

Friday 9 May 2014

Amazing Technology. Amazing Grace



Technology has transformed our experience of life. Obviously. But two personal transformations are affecting me:

I am sitting in my kitchen in a (momentarily) sunny Scotland writing these words on my laptop, and when I post them on my blog my mainly Russian audience (don’t quite know why, but there you go) and others round the world will be able to read what I’m thinking about. Instantly. Almost 300 people every week look at my blog, which is exciting and hopefully keeps me focused and relevant.

Yesterday, one of our sons and his wife emailed us the 20-week-scans of our first grandchild. He or she was sucking his/her thumb, legs akimbo and ankles crossed. (no, we couldn’t see the gender...)

The shape of the head, the wee nose, the arms, the legs – even the heart and the brain – all there within a few minutes. How on earth anyone can condone aborting a baby at this (or really, any) stage is incomprehensible. There’s no doubt that my daughter-in-law is carrying the first of the next generation of this family. Not a bunch of cells. A baby. Sucking his/her thumb. Wow.

‘Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you,’ God says in Scripture. This child is already a glint in his/her Father’s eye, a much-loved individual who will be born here for a purpose.

Technology is amazing. But not as amazing as God.

No comments:

Post a Comment