Popular Posts

Saturday 3 May 2014

Vital Statistics

The cycle of life. I heard of some deaths this week. Some elderly, long awaiting the call, went home. Others taken in untimely ways. Murder. Car accidents. Civil unrest. Accident at work. Sorrow and grief.

I also heard of some new life this week. A couple of new babies born. Pictures received of twin girls born to a couple who long waited for this blessing. Lots of pictures. New babies expected – longed-for babies. Delight and rejoicing.

I’ve been in the garden again, tentatively because of my bad back. Cutting away last year’s withered and dead flowers. Picking up crunchy leaves littering the flower beds and revealing lilies of the valley (I thought I weeded all of them out! – but now that they are about to flower, I haven’t the heart...)

The dead make way for the living. 

As in our spirits. Time to cut away all that is dead and dying within our spirits – or to ask the Gardener to do it, our heavenly Father. If we let it lie on, it will stunt new and healthy growth and prevent flowering. It will kill off what might one day bear fruit in our lives.

Time to spend time with the Gardener. You too?

No comments:

Post a Comment