Popular Posts

Saturday 18 April 2015

Seasons



Seasons.
It is a beautiful spring morning. Birds singing their sweet songs. Trees budding and blossoming. Grass growing. Sun shining out of a clear blue sky.

The change of season. Spring is a welcome change. Summer is a welcome change. Autumn, though beautiful, less welcome. And winter – well, I have to look beyond it to spring!

And so with life. Change. Growing old. Losing comprehension. Being frightened. Imagining things. Someone I love is entering that dark tunnel and it feels like winter is coming. 

I have to look beyond it to spring. So does she.

God’s faithful to his promises. He will never leave us nor forsake us. He is always with us. He will be there to welcome us into his heavenly kingdom.

I am so grateful. Clinging on. Trusting. Trusting in our faithful God who loves us so much he died for us. Paul begged God to take away a severe trial, but Jesus said to him, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ 

Leaning on my Saviour. Trusting in his grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment