Popular Posts

Tuesday 17 November 2015

Peace



Be still and know that I am God.

Be still. 

I feel like a rabbit caught in the headlights – paralysed not with fear but with indecision about which of the many things on my list I should do first. I’ve a deadline approaching and more things on my list than I will have time to do. 

‘I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.’ John 14:27

The world is a troubling place. Understatement of the year. But Jesus’ promise is that we can live and move and have our being in this world in his peace, as we are still in him. Be still and know that I am God.

No matter how things look, God is Sovereign. No matter how helpless we feel, he is powerful. No matter how pressured we are by things to do, he can lead us to do the things which have priority and he can give us the peace to let the rest go.

My peace I leave with you. Be still.

No comments:

Post a Comment