Popular Posts

Wednesday 7 February 2018

Going forward



Driving back from Glasgow after dark last night, I became scarily aware that my low beams didn’t seem to throw their light as far forward as usual. That left me, especially when overtaking lorries, feeling as if I were speeding into the darkness without sufficient vision. I found the button which raises the light and though its scope is still more limited than high beams, it felt much safer.

God’s word is a lamp to my feet (and tires), but I have to invest some time in reading it if it’s going to give me any security going forward. He doesn’t tell me the end from the beginning, though he knows it, but he does give me enough light for safe navigation. Too much self-absorption can lower the beam and limit the vision.

Just out of the prayer window, where I was raising the beam. Hope to move forward with confidence today.

No comments:

Post a Comment