Popular Posts

Thursday 15 February 2018

WMDs



WMDs. Remember those? Weapons of Mass Destruction. Never did find them in Iraq, but there are many squirreled away in cupboards and on shelves in the USA. Available and ready for an adolescent with a grudge to pick up and use to destroy lives. 

Again.

WMDs. Words. The tongue is a flame of fire, a whole world of wickedness. Sticks and stones can break my bones, but names will never hurt me, we used to chirp. Not true. Words, names, verbal attacks go deep. Words spoken cannot be unspoken. It is easy to lash out; impossible to take back. 

Peace. My peace I give you, Jesus said. Living in his peace, I will not launch my WMDs. I pray that he will help me abide in his peace today.

Praying for the bereaved in the Florida shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment