Popular Posts

Friday 9 February 2018

Bearing gifts

She came bearing gifts, a beaming smile lighting up her face as she gave one to Flick and one to Gregor. And then a couple more. Finally, she watched with anticipation as Flick unwrapped a modest looking parcel. Inside were plastic silver coins and play paper money.
'There's never any money in the shop till when we play together,' she explained, helping Flick pack her purse and the cash register with the precious money.
Jane's gift was born in relationship. She treasured her occasional babysitting times and knew exactly what pushed Flick's buttons, play-wise. This new money would enrich their play times.
It's not always easy to think of the perfect gift. It is such a joy when you do, especially if you are the giver. It is truly more blessed to give than to receive.
Jesus is the biggest gift-giver. He knows me better than I know myself, and sometimes he surprises me with gifts I didn't know I wanted. May I have a thankful heart always alert to see his gifts and grateful to accept, open and use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment