Popular Posts

Monday 19 February 2018

That Pesky Tooth!



Round back, by the compost bin, snowdrops have silently appeared, as if overnight. Everywhere there is a carpet of delicate white bells, tinged with the springiest of greens, heralding the warmer weather to come. No fanfare. They just responded to the stimuli and grew, blossoming smiles all around.

On the other hand, that pesky tooth. The dentist has expended Herculean efforts to eradicate the infection, but still today it nags on, reminding me it’s there. 
 
Wait for the Lord, I read. Be strong and take heart and wait. He is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. 

Seek his face. He usually won’t announce himself with a fanfare; neither does he nag. In the busyness of life he can be overlooked, forgotten. Today, I will seek his face in the minutiae of the day. I am filled with expectancy and joy at the prospect of an encounter with the Almighty God, the lover of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment