Popular Posts

Monday 5 November 2018

Hard as Granite


Today I parked in a lot I don’t usually use in Aberdeen. It meant that I had the pleasure of walking past the beautiful Marischal college, reputedly the second-largest granite building in the world. It has had a face-wash in the last few years, and the apron in front has been paved and turned into a mostly-pedestrian only zone.

As I returned to my car, I paused to enjoy the beauty of this 19th century building. Yes, grey granite, but glinting in the light, its intricate towers gleaming and beautiful.

I thank God for craftsmen and women who can transform hard stone into a thing of beauty.

I thank God for Jesus, who transforms hard hearts into soft, compassionate ones. Praying he works to soften hearts as Americans go to the polls tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment