Popular Posts

Thursday 29 November 2018

Infusion of peace please

My uncle was infected with E. coli in his bloodstream recently. For a fortnight he received daily infusions of antibiotics at his local hospital. The seriousness of the infection required the powerful medicine to be introduced straight into his bloodstream.
I need a daily infusion of God's peace. We all do. The world is full of turmoil and tragedy. Our individual lives are full of disappointment and decision, stress and worry, and the antidote to this worldly infection is an infusion of Jesus, the Prince of Peace. I need to step aside from the action in my life daily to sit with him and receive. I can't will myself to be peaceful. I can't work it up. I have to receive it.
The Lord, using British Air, took me halfway across the world yesterday, through Storm Diana. She did her best to upset my travel but though I missed my connection, the Lord, again using British Airways, popped me and my suitcase onto one just an hour later.
I could have been anxious about all of that, not least the turbulence of the landings, but the Lord held me in his perfect peace.
It's so simple, but somehow so hard to do. Be still, and know that I am God, and in the stillness we receive his peace. What a Saviour!

No comments:

Post a Comment