Popular Posts

Thursday 22 November 2018

Refuge

Be still and know that I am God
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear...
Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness. Don't worry about tomorrow.
Words of scripture are a spiritual skeleton. They keep me upright and remind me of truth.
The other night a car drove straight into my car as I went through an intersection, bashing and bending it and rendering it inoperable.
Once again I stand at a crossroads with Mom. Perhaps the light remains red and we are to stay put. Perhaps it is amber, encouraging me to be prepared to shift gear and move. Perhaps there is a filter arrow guiding me right or left. Perhaps the road ahead is clear and beckons.
I don't want to be stationary with fear but with faith. If it's not time to move, I want to be confident that I will recognise the signs.
Neither do I want to be blindsided as I was the other night. I need an awareness of tangential forces as well as prompts to move.
Be still and know. Don't worry. God is an ever present help in trouble.
Today is thanksgiving and my gratitude wells up from within, lighting up my entire being. Without Jesus before and behind, within and without, leading and guiding and encouraging, I would have crashed and burned long before now.
So, with his help I will trust in him and wait. Be still and wait.
Happy thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment