Popular Posts

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Change is Coming


A white chiffon curtain suspended from heaven early this morning, shrinking our horizon and shrouding the hills. Gradually the weak winter heat of the sun has dissolved it and as it disappeared, white-topped hills appeared, etched against a blue sky. And now, nearly noon, and a stillness, welcome after so many days of wild winds, embraces us. Birds trill their songs; the icy snow from yesterday melts from the tops of the bushes, and the slush on the drive evaporates.

Everything changes. Some changes I see coming; some will surprise me. Some will delight me; others I will resist.

Jesus, though, is the same, yesterday, today and forever. He is the Rock on whom I stand. He is the anchor in the storm. He is the root to which I am grafted in. Though changes come, he will never change. He will be there for me today, tomorrow, and forever.

So grateful for that security. So grateful for his peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment