Popular Posts

Tuesday 4 February 2020

No Shade


An old-fashioned sundial rests in our vegetable patch, shaded by an acer tree. Not best-placed to catch the full sun, when it’s out. We have plans to redesign the garden, so hopefully we will find a more exposed position for it to sit.

I don’t always place myself in the best position to bathe in the fullness of the Son. Carelessness; laziness; contrariness perhaps. Today I want to take more care to be in a place where I can receive him fully.

Jesus advised us to be alert to the times. I don’t want to be found sleeping, or distracted. I want to be fully engaged, aware of the fronts he is calling me to fight, aware of the folk he is calling me to stand with, aware of the places he wants me to bring his peace.

May nothing shade me this day.


No comments:

Post a Comment