Popular Posts

Wednesday 26 February 2020

Set Aside


Set aside.

I feel better; I feel fine, in fact. But the effects of that pernicious cold linger. There is still too much congestion. Still the stubborn frog in the throat when I awaken. So I hesitate. I hesitate to resume swimming, to resume walking in the icy winds, to mingle with others.

I feel set aside. I am trying to redeem the time. De-cluttering (a bit). Creative writing (a bit). Reading. Lingering longer in the prayer window.

There are worse things than being set aside. That’s for sure.

Responsibilities don’t fade away, though, as I rest. Care for my mother: there are always things to check, things to think through, things to arrange. I’m not really doing them like I normally do. It’s as if I’ve set them aside, too.

Trust in me, Jesus instructs. Don’t be lukewarm in your love or trust. Fully trust. Fully love.
There is a new gap opening in Mom’s care and there could be anxiety developing in me, but I know the gap is right, and I know God can fill it. So as I sit and contemplate, I sense His love, I sense His care, I sense His calling me deeper into Him. He has never let me down and He’s not going to start now.

A new chapter. A new horizon. Expectation and anticipation rise as I recognise much of it is out of my control: over to you, God. I can’t wait to see what you’re going to do.

Set aside, so God can be set free to fully operate.

No comments:

Post a Comment