Popular Posts

Monday 3 August 2020

Clear Vision

At my writing table, I look northeast towards the neighbouring farm, across a newly harvested field. In winter I get a clear view, looking through bare branches of cherry and elm trees. This morning, at the beginning of August, the sun entered the window through a filter of leaves and cherries, dappling the window ledge and writing table. My vision was limited by the position of branches and twigs with their fulsome leaves and fruit.

I have finished a week of reading deprivation. As part of The Artist’s Way, I agreed not to read anything for a week. I did read the Bible, but no commentaries or reading plans, and I did spend more time drawing near to God in silence than when I am busily working through the various books I use during quiet times.

Sometimes the thoughts and opinions of others limit our vision and deprive us of seeing and thinking independently, of hearing the still small voice of God. I hope that now that I can read again, I will be better at maintaining my own perspective, and connecting with God’s perspective, without the distracting clutter and congestion of others’ opinions.  


No comments:

Post a Comment