Popular Posts

Friday 21 August 2020

Lego Reconstructions

 

I never dreamt it would take me so many hours to rebuild all the Lego constructions our four kids accumulated while growing up! All the bricks and bits ended up in one big box, and I have spent weeks sorting into colours, shapes, and then rebuilding. I imagined I would be done in a week or two. At least a month in, spending a couple hours every day, I’m not finished yet!

Most of the pieces are standard shapes and sizes, which can be used for a variety of constructions. But a large number are unique pieces. Maybe a cannister or a helicopter rotor piece or a tow bar or … I look at some bits sitting in the containers and cannot imagine what they are for. Until they are connected with the structure for which they were made, their purpose will remain a mystery.

I am looking forward to finishing, knowing that I will have pieces left over which didn’t fit anywhere. I also have gaps where I haven’t been able to find the unique bits required.

If I don’t ever find the missing bits, then those constructions will be less than they were intended to be.

Each one of us is a unique bit, fashioned by God to fit into whatever social structure we inhabit. We bring to that structure something which nobody else can bring. Something ordained by God, given to us to be used for the good of the church, of society, of the world.

Even if it takes years, may we all bring our unique gift to the sphere of life we inhabit, so that the integrity and functionality can be all that God intended. We were meant to be together. It’s the way we make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment