Popular Posts

Sunday 9 August 2020

Inspired!

 

Sabbath was made for humanity.

I confess. Normally, I don’t observe sabbath. I don’t linger in the Lord’s presence on his day, or any other day. I observe prayer times and Bible reading times and a routine of spiritual exercises, but just sitting, lingering with him? Not often.

But today I have been blessed by special time with him, sitting outside in the warm sunshine, a cool breeze playing across my skin. I read the Christian magazine I subscribe to all the way through, being inspired, challenged, comforted, intrigued, empowered.

Then I stood between the heavenly-scented sweet peas and the divine roses and sang out to God, a new song he gave me, from my heart to his. I sang of my love and my gratitude and surrendered my life to him again.

This morning I had a sense that my life at the moment is like that of a large ocean-going vessel, which takes a long time to change direction. I began sensing a need to turn about six months ago, and it has been slow and confused. I am not entirely certain of the new heading I’m being called into, but now that I recognise what is happening to me, there is an excitement in me as I sense that even at 69, God still has a work for me to do. He will guide and equip me for whatever it is.

May you enjoy a sabbath rest with our saviour. He is the source of life, love, peace and joy. Hosanna to the King of Kings!

No comments:

Post a Comment