Popular Posts

Friday 2 October 2020

At peace

 

In the stillness of the living room, I am suddenly aware of a soft rhythmic sound. The cat, Indy, is snoring quietly in the prayer window… She is at peace, safe, comfortable, and at home.

The one I encounter in that prayer window – and, of course, everywhere – exudes peace. He is the source of peace. The prince of peace. Whatever the disturbance. Whatever the sorrow. Whatever the anxiety or dread.

When I go to him with my fears, he meets me right where I am. When I go to him with my anger, he meets me right where I am.  When I go to him with my joy, he meets me right where I am.

If I am full of joy, he rejoices with me. He has a reputation for being a sort of party animal…

If I’m not full of joy, then, like a divine sponge, he absorbs the disappointment, the tears, the frustration, and he embraces me in a covering of peace, a peace which permeates my being and leaves me at rest.

Like Indy, though possibly without the snores…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment