Popular Posts

Tuesday 23 February 2021

Chinese Rowan

 

Chinese rowan tree. The tree whose name I forgot yesterday. Beautiful creamy pink translucent berries in the autumn.

The tree whose name I forgot. God never forgets our names. I just reread the story of Joseph and the injustice he suffered at the hands of Potiphar’s wife. He was thrown into a dark hole of a prison but God didn’t forget his name. God didn’t forget him.

During Lent, along with IJM I’m praying for those suffering terrible injustices in the world. Those who are enslaved; those who are persecuted and unjustly imprisoned. Those who feel forgotten. I don’t know the names of those thousands, those millions, who suffer unspeakable horrors at the hands of merciless people in power.

I don’t know their names, but God does. May he bless and encourage everyone who is imprisoned in a dark place today, whether it be physical, mental, emotional or spiritual. Jesus came to set the captive free.

No comments:

Post a Comment