Popular Posts

Monday 22 February 2021

It's a new dawn

 

It’s a new dawn; it’s a new day. It’s a quiet house.

School is open.

Yesterday, I stared glaikit at the bird feeders hanging on the curvaceous branches of one of the trees whose name I just don’t remember! I was thinking a type of far eastern tree, which gets translucent berries in autumn. Rather than watching the frenetic feeding of the birds, my eye was drawn to the grace and beauty of the bare branches of the tree.

I do love spring, with its new growth, and summer in its fulsomeness, and the autumn colours, but the stark beauty of this tree was awesome. Seasonal beauties. Everything is beautiful in its time.

For the first time, a simple thought penetrated my mind. Although the tree there is dormant and stripped down, dead to the naked eye, the next season for it is not death. The next season is new life.

I know it’s obvious, but I’ve had death on my mind a bit as a friend of many years is being cremated today. And I thought, though his last months were stripped down and bare, today he is not dead, but born again to new life, just out of our view.

Easter is real. Jesus rose again. Spring is coming. I can feel it in the air. New life. New dawn. New day.

No comments:

Post a Comment