Popular Posts

Wednesday 17 February 2021

The Jab

 

Welcome rays of warm sunshine beam through my window pane (still dirty I’m afraid…). It’s a new day, a glorious day, a gift from God. What am I going to do with this precious gift of Today?

Amongst other things, I am getting The Jab today. I am grateful that God has given scientists brains to conceive of ways to fight this pernicious virus. I am grateful that the NHS is working so hard to roll it out in a planned strategy, not dependent on any individual’s ability to pay. I am grateful for all the nurses and doctors working so hard to make people safe. I am so grateful.

The vaccine isn’t 100% effective I am told. There are some people who may still be vulnerable to the original virus. There are variants which might still cause disease.

Jesus is 100% effective against sin. In this world we will have trouble, he said, but he has overcome the world. My part is to give him my heart every day, give him my mind and my life, and trust him. He will never leave me nor forsake me, however many variants of temptation may come my way.

I give him myself today and trust him to keep me focused on and abiding in Him. I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment