Popular Posts

Friday 16 September 2022

Clear Sight

 

Every month, Mom gets a shot in the eye. Sometimes more than one shot.

The ophthalmologist is trying her best to save Mom’s vision. One eye has already lost sight. The second macula is now leaking.

Her eyes have seen a lot over these 98 years, and the macula, I guess, is wearing thin and tearing. It’s a serious situation. If she goes blind, how will she navigate her living space, especially as her understanding declines? Lord, have mercy.

Worldly cares, personal concerns and shifting cultural understandings can tear at spiritual vision, blurring the clear teaching of God. We are all in danger of spiritual blindness due to cultural degeneration. Lord Jesus, may your Spirit not only prevent further deterioration of my spiritual macula, but even restore clarity, purity and godliness.

Give me Holy Spirit specs, dear Father.

Create in me a clean heart, and renew a right spirit within me. Restore to me the joy of my salvation in Jesus Christ my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment