Popular Posts

Thursday 15 September 2022

Fresh Filling

 

Working to a tight schedule, I threw the ingredients into the bread maker, turned it on, rushed out the door with all that I needed for Bible study and … dead battery.

Don kindly turned back from his errands and off I went in the other car, a little late. Nearing my destination, the narrow road was blocked by a huge lorry with flashing lights. I turned back, found one parking lot full, and on my third attempt, found a parking place.

It was well worth the effort: this group is so enriching. I had to dash off early for a blood test, got home only to discover a flat loaf of unproven bread: I forgot the yeast.

So I think I’ll have a quiet afternoon. Obviously this is the day for unhelpful situations.

Jesus warned his friends to beware allowing the yeast of the Pharisees to mix into their beliefs. Perhaps that yeast would lead to a rigidity of doctrine and duty, spiritually-speaking.

The consequence of no yeast, though, no faith in Jesus, is a flat and unappealing mess. Now, more than ever perhaps, the world is famished and desperate for the nourishing Holy Spirit.

May I never embark on my day without a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment