Popular Posts

Wednesday 12 October 2022

And then there were two

And then there were two.

I guess Lockdown has lifted at Barehillock. Our precious daughter has moved out and moved on. My cooking partner for the last two-and-a-half years, during which we explored so many plant-based recipes. During which we clocked up thousands of miles walking the neighbourhood. During which we engaged in endless discussions about politics, God, the environment, taxes, justice and fairness issues.

We’ve done the empty nest before, but it’s a different feeling when the one moving on has become a best friend rather than a bolshie teenager eager to explore the great big world.

Shortly after arriving home last night, my body was wracked with a gastric upset which was violent and almost shocking in its ferocity. Not only my house was empty: my body was empty too!

Another new season, and with God, it, too, will be beautiful, full of surprise and delight, laughter and serious conversation. When things shift, it is time to ‘lift my eyes to the hills, knowing that my help is in the name of the Lord.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment