Popular Posts

Monday 31 October 2022

Glorious!

 


How blessed am I? This is the view from my prayer window this morning. I don’t take the beauty for granted. I know the golden carpet will darken and decay. Some of it will blow away. Some of it will end up in a bin bag to transform into rich compost in a year or two. Some will lie on the flower beds and lawn until next spring.

I give thanks for the beauty of this moment.

Overhead, formations of migrating geese honk and holler at each other, the flexible V transforming as they seem to argue about which way to go. This morning I watched as about seven broke away and turned in a different direction, leading most of the rest with them. A lot of noise as a few continued the way they had been going.

It reminds me of Parliament. A lot of arguing, honking and hollering. Some certain they are headed in the right direction. Others convinced it’s time to turn round.

Who is right? Praying this morning that the Lord will raise up wise leaders who listen to his voice and follow. Praying he will raise up wise leaders in our churches, who listen to his voice and follow. Praying he might grant me such wisdom, that I might listen to his voice and follow.

I’m pretty sure the first step isn’t a step at all. It’s that pause in the prayer window, drinking in the autumnal glory, heart swelling with the beauty I see in this little corner of God’s creation.

Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment