Popular Posts

Tuesday 25 October 2022

Wind Turbines on the Hill

 

Seventeen wind turbines on top of the Hill of Fare. That’s the proposal. So, I am eager to transition to green forms of energy, away from fossil fuels and CO2 emissions. But seventeen structures towering over our skyline, the height, as my neighbour described it, of the Eiffel Tower, creating flashes and noise, disrupting wildlife habitats, bike paths and camping sites …

I’ve submitted my views to the company hoping to gain a small fortune from such a wind farm. It doesn’t sit well with me that this initiative is driven by profit-based commercial enterprise. But maybe that doesn’t matter as long as we reduce our carbon footprint.

God entrusts us with the stewardship of this beautiful earth he has created. So far we’re not doing very well. This situation reminds me how complicated it is to determine the best way to steward it.

Has there ever been a time of greater turbulence in this world? Maybe. Maybe we just know more now because of the digital age we live in. Or maybe it is just becoming clearer that there are so many grey areas in our personal, national and international lives, and so many different points of view, that without the guidance and leadership of Lord Jesus, we will never navigate the best route; we will rarely arrive at the right answer.

As I look out on the peaceful, pristine landscape surrounding me, and imagine the possible hum of seventeen wind turbines, I pray, Maranatha. Come, Lord Jesus. Bring clarity and wisdom.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment