Popular Posts

Monday 24 October 2022

Glory!

 



I think I probably write about this every autumn, but the beauty this morning is breath-taking. Walking down to meet my neighbour for our regular walks, I walked through low fog, its damp fingers wheedling their way under my knit hat and causing some shivers. Then I noticed the spiders’ hammocks slung between thorns of the gorse bushes, bridging the gaps between barbed wire fencing, their delicate, lace patterns picked out in glistening dew drops. Oh, I love this time of year.

As we walked, the mist lifted. First there was a tiny tear revealing a glimpse of blue sky, and then before long there was blue sky stretching from one horizon to the other. On the way back, pausing to photograph the spiders’ webs, I admired the fiery foliage on the acer tree, and its orange counterpart on the elms.

Jesus said the stones themselves would declare the glory of God: certainly, this morning, nature at the ‘hillock is singing out his praises. And so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment