Popular Posts

Friday 5 May 2023

Deleted!

 

My hand slipped on the screen and before I knew what had happened, I’d deleted an email I’d intended to keep. Fortunately I was quick enough to push the ‘undo delete’ button.

In the Passion translation of Colossians 2, Paul declares, ‘Jesus canceled out every legal violation we had on our record and the old arrest warrant that stood to indict us. He erased it all – our sins, our stained soul – he deleted it all and they cannot be retrieved! Everything we once were in Adam has been placed onto his cross and nailed permanently there as a public display of cancellation.’

There is no ‘undo delete’ button on the cross. He forgives us forever. He has not only deleted, but forgiven all the sins and mistakes and wrong words and attitudes. Everything is new in him. New every morning.

I am so grateful for this unconditional, undeserved love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment