Popular Posts

Sunday 22 October 2023

Fallen Leaves

 

The calm after the storm. This afternoon, I spent some time raking and sweeping leaves.

Such diversity of shape and colour, life and decay. Scooping them into bags, I don’t even notice most of them. I just gather them up, eager to finish the job.

We heard the parable of the lost coin this morning. The thoughts the preacher shared drew my thoughts to Jesus, who must see the diversity of people in his world much as I describe the leaves: a motley collection of colours, shapes, and ages. But unlike my carelessness in stuffing the leaves into bin bags, Jesus treasures every single one of us, and is eager to gather each one in, not losing even one.

He created every individual on whatever side of a conflict. He knows each one intimately. He loves every one and longs to bring them home.

How he must be weeping over his world.

Prince of Peace, have mercy. May we beat our weapons into farm machinery, and by grace learn to live together in peace, respect and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment