Popular Posts

Monday 9 October 2023

Yellow Weather Warnings

 

Yellow weather warnings prevailed in Scotland over the weekend, with buckets of rain pouring down and flooding rivers and lochs, closing roads and pleasing ducks and frogs.

Down south, I’m told, a yellow sun shone out of a clear sky and raised temperatures to summer levels.

World events of every type escalate daily to yellow warning levels, and it is so easy and natural to focus on the next startling disaster and be swamped by the tsunami of dire news. It’s so easy to be drawn into pessimistic assessments of where it’s all heading.

May I live south of the border mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, Lord, focused on the trustworthiness of the Son. May I be given the words of encouragement needed when fears are voiced, words of strength and truth which draw attention away from events and up to You. Be my centre; be my focus; be the light and life inspiring my days and weeks.

The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it. I put my trust in you this day, and it is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment