Popular Posts

Tuesday 10 October 2023

Reunion

 


At 6.45pm I opened Zoom and connected with others living five or six miles away. We prayed for peace in the world, for peace in the church, for peace in each other. We prayed for healing and wholeness for friends and family. We praised the Prince of Peace for his love and care and faithfulness.

Half an hour later, I checked out of Zoom and answered a video link on WhatsApp, joining nursing staff, Mom and Jamie about six thousand miles away. We spoke of practical things, of care options, of next steps. Our hearts were warmed to see the two Birthday Buddies reunited, hugging, heads leaning towards each other, faces beaming.

A few hours later, I received an e-mail from my cousin’s wife, containing a picture of Mom and Jamie relaxing at my cousin’s house over lunch.

I give thanks today for the blessing of technology. I pray that we would exploit its possibilities to reunite people, to build relationships, to enhance effective communication. And may we stand against its possibilities to exploit people, distort relationships and twist meanings through deep fakes and fake news.

Prince of Peace, we need you. Maranatha.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment