Popular Posts

Wednesday 13 December 2023

Broken

 

I broke my toe. Months ago, but when or how it happened, I don’t know.

I thought it was the bunion flaring up. Turns out it’s possibly both causing the discomfort now. Now I am on a waiting list for feet and ankles…

Meanwhile, the toe has cobbled itself back together. It is lumpy and bumpy and occasionally sore. Until, or unless, it is put right, I imagine I will always be aware of it when I walk, or when I stand for awhile. Like in the kitchen, preparing for Christmas…

All of us have broken ‘bones’ in our lives. Broken hearts. Broken spirits. Broken dreams. We walk on, but the pain twinges, sometimes just occasionally, sometimes more often. There can be triggers which suddenly fire and fling us into a dark space.

Jesus is the healer. He is the one who can mend the broken bones, the broken memories, the broken hearts and lives. The scars remain, but he can remove the sting; he can soothe the pain.

‘Come to me,’ he invites me today. I bring to him that broken bit which is chafing right now. I surrender it to him.

Thank you, Jesus, Immanuel. Thank you for your sacrifice, so that I can be healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment