Popular Posts

Monday 18 December 2023

Preparations

 

My to-do list is long: most things reflect a season of preparation. Why do I care that the house is tidied and the spider webs removed, the dust sucked up and the tarnish polished off? Yes, there is a sense of anticipation, that when family arrive, I want them to find my house in order, exuding peace and reflecting the love and longing of my heart to welcome them all in again. I want them to sense the embrace of the family home, as well as our eager arms.

Preparation. Advent. Am I expending as much energy on preparing my whole self to welcome my Lord Jesus anew? I am trying to, though distracted by so many things. Help me, Jesus, to prepare the way for your fuller, deeper entry into every facet of my being, of my life.

Our lives on earth are a season of preparation for the greater joy of eternity. May I never lose sight of the call on us believers to be preparing the way for the Lord to enter every longing heart. So many broken, hurting hearts, ignorant of the life and love of Jesus. May my life be lived as a prayerful clearing of the boulders of prejudice and anger, affront and trauma and understandable desires for revenge. Lord Jesus, use me to help shift boulders of fear today, that the King of Glory, the Prince of Peace, might enter in.

No comments:

Post a Comment