Popular Posts

Wednesday 13 March 2024

Here comes the sun!

 

‘Here comes the sun.’ When the Beatles’ voices harmonised that out of my little transistor radio more than half a century ago (!!), I sang along happily in sunny California. In the land of blue skies, I missed the joy communicated through those words. Of course, it does rain in California, but generally the sun shines bright and warm.

This morning, after eight grey days where cloud enveloped us in a cold, damp embrace, the sun is breaking through, and my heart is singing with a new resonance, ‘here comes the sun’.

Before I knew Jesus as my Saviour, and began to work out my relationship with him, I lived under cloudy skies. When I gave my life to Jesus, the grey skies cleared and, although clouds do swirl through in griefs and trials and challenges, the Son is always there.

I am so grateful, in this uncertain world, to be able to hum, ‘Here comes the Son’.  

No comments:

Post a Comment