Popular Posts

Sunday 17 March 2024

Enough

 

He is always enough.

A situation arose last night with Mom. On my last visit in November, staff and I had agreed a protocol in the event this situation arose again. They were to call me before calling paramedics. In the event, however, they were moving towards calling paramedics first. But Mhairi was visiting, and she knew the protocol, so she called, and the situation was de-escalated. Mom was re-hydrated, rested, and restored. I just talked to her and she is cheerful, fully recovered, and doesn’t remember a thing about it.

I often have felt that there are few people I can call on to help me do things for Mom. I am so far away. I am totally dependent on God, which is the best way to be. He always provides. There is always someone who can drive Mom to an appointment, buy the supplies, make a decision.

Last night, he provided Mhairi.

As Tony reminded us this morning, the dead body of Jesus needed a new tomb on the day he died. Joseph of Arimathea was there, at the exact right moment, and he provided it. He just happened to be there. Or did he?

It seems almost reckless. Negligent. Unprepared. It’s not the way I operate. I like to be well-organised; to plan for all eventualities and be ready with solutions.

But in Kingdom Economy, trusting God with the details is what he wants. When we are looking to him for the answer, he makes it clear.

It is a challenge to move in peace through situations we encounter. It is easy to be anxious that we haven’t provided for every possibility. Of course we haven’t, but when we fully invest our trust in Jesus, he never lets us down. He knows the end from the beginning. He is the alpha and the omega. He loves us, and he provides.

I don’t like spiders, but this morning as I thought about this, I had a mind picture of a spider, spinning a thread of silk, apparently fragile, actually incredibly strong. That fragile thread doesn’t look like it’s enough, but it is.

God’s provision sometimes may appear as gossamer as a spider’s silk, but it is always enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment