Popular Posts

Tuesday 12 March 2024

Precious Faces

 

Praying for my precious grandchildren this morning, I realised I’ve got a great spot there in the prayer window to plant a Garden of Gorgeous Grandchildren. So I’m hanging each of their pictures there so that as I pray, I see those beautiful smiling faces. I am so blessed, and so grateful.

One of those beautiful faces, though, I can’t see, because he was born straight into the arms of Jesus, on whose face he looks now. I remember him, too, though, and anticipate that day when I meet him. I don’t need his picture: I carry him in my heart.

We don’t really need reminders of those we love, but it is such a blessing to live in an age when we can gaze on their beautiful faces whenever we want to.

If I can feel such overflowing love for my children, daughters-in-law and grandchildren, imagine how much love the Father feels for us, despite all our messy mistakes and poor choices.

We don’t need to imagine it. We only need look at the cross. Easter is coming! Joy to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment