Popular Posts

Friday 4 November 2011

By the Hand


A background drone of commuter traffic with percussion sounds of the cockerel down the road and the sheep bleating in the field. 

The air is still; the sky is gray. I turn down the lane. A powerful beating noise draws my gaze upwards where I see a gaggle of geese, powerful wings thumping through the air as they honk their way to their destination.

Why am I so blessed? I am counting my blessings as I walk this morning and marvelling at the goodness of God to me. 

In at least 4 readings this week, God has reminded me that he holds me by the hand and leads me. Most the readings were in Isaiah 41, a wonderful book. I remember how God gave verses 15 to 17 to Don and I in 1982 (actually the year is written in my Bible – I’d never have remembered that!!). The word came through someone who I only knew by name, having met her at a conference. Lillias. She and I rarely met again over the years and it was ten years until that word was fulfilled. But it was fulfilled, in an amazing way.

This morning I wondered if God is giving it to me again, this time in terms of my leading of various initiatives.

Even after all these years, as old as I am, I still lack self-confidence so often in what I do, and the Lord has reminded me that he is leading me.

Thank God for that. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment